The general services fee is designed to simplify household budgeting by incorporating many of the typical household costs into one regular charge.
Additionally, it also funds the ongoing operation of the facilities and services provided at Ormiston Rise, such as:
- Building insurance
- Council rates including refuse and water
- Maintenance, repairs and cleaning of the community centre and common areas
- Maintenance of the exterior of villas and most internal maintenance including appliances
- Garden maintenance of villas and common areas
- Fire protection
- Wages and administration costs
- Security and emergency call monitoring
The general services fee is charged per week and is payable on the 1st of the month, in advance via direct debit. The general services fee is reviewed annually.
The amount of the general services fee and the basis upon which is calculated may vary from time to time.